$59 HVAC Checkup.
$59 Diagnosis fee with repair completed by Cool Breeze. Click here to find out more.
We are prompt with our service and will meet with you as soon as we can after you call.
Ways to Save On Your Heating Bill You May Have Not Thought Of!
December 15, 2016
Maryland winters can bring bitter cold temperatures and leave you with unpleasantly high heating bills. You may have used your own strategies to try and cut down on gas or energy use during the cold months, but are you informed on all the ways you can keep your family warm and wallet full this season? Here are some money-saving tips for heating your home this winter!
- Use an advanced thermostat. Do you have a simple thermostat that restricts your temperature controlling capabilities by only letting you set the temperature for the current time? Advances in thermostat technology have made it possible for you to set temperature schedules, and even control the temperature in your home when you are not there. Setting your thermostat to lower temperatures when you know no one will be in the house and scheduling the heat to come on just before you arrive back home is an excellent way to lower your heating bill.
- Get a portable heater. If you and the members of your household spend significant amounts of time in many rooms of the home, it is more efficient to heat the home via HVAC system. However, if you spend most of your time in only a couple rooms of your home, turning the heating system to a lower temperature and plugging in a portable heater in the rooms you frequent can ensure you are kept warm while giving your HVAC unit (and your energy bill) a break!
- Take advantage of sunny days. Opening curtains and blinds in your home on sunny days not only lets your home be brightened by natural light, but also brings heat into your home. Though small, the amount of heat the sun’s rays bring into your home can allow you to turn your thermostat temperature down a few degrees without costing you any extra money.
- Keep heat registers and air supply vents clear. This might seem like an obvious thing to do, but you’d be surprised how often furniture gets placed over heating registers/vents. Blocking or covering a register with furniture can greatly restrict the flow of heat from your HVAC system into the rooms of your home. Whenever possible, place furniture away from vents and always ensure every vent in the home is in the opened position.
- Purchase a high efficiency HVAC system. Though it will cost you up front, purchasing a high efficiency heating system can benefit you greatly in the long run. If your system is outdated, the low efficiency rating may be doing more harm to your home and heating bill than you know. There have been many advances in HVAC technology that allow for higher efficiency levels and a licensed HVAC service technician can easily help you determine the efficiency of your system and can help you find a more efficient system that will dramatically help lower your heating bill.
Cool Breeze is a residential and commercial HVAC contractor in Maryland servicing Carroll and its surrounding counties. If you are concerned with your high heating bill or want more information on energy savings, advanced thermostats, or high efficiency heating systems, contact our professionals today!
Anne Arundel County HVAC Services: Annapolis (21401, 21403, 21409), Arnold (21012), Crofton (21114), Crownsville (21032), Gambrills (21054), Glen Burnie (21060, 21061), Hanover (21076), Jessup (20794), Pasadena (21122), Severn (21144), Severna Park (21146).
Baltimore County HVAC Services: Catonsville (21228), Cockeysville (21030), Homeland (21212), Lutherville (21093), Monkton (21111), Mount Washington (21209), Owings Mills (21117), Parkton (21120), Phoenix (21131), Pikesville (21208), Randalstown (21133), Reisterstown (21136), Roland Park (21210), Ruxton (21204), Timonium (21204), Towson (21204, 21286), Upperco (21155), Woodstock (21163).
Carroll County HVAC Services: Eldersburg (21784), Finksburg (21048), Hampstead (21074), Manchester (21102), Marriottsville (21104), Mount Airy (21771), New Windsor (21776), Sykesville (21784), Taneytown (21787), Union Bridge (21791), Westminster (21157, 21158), Woodbine (21797)
Howard County HVAC Services: Columbia (21044, 21045, 21046), Clarksville (21029), Cooksville (21723), Dayton (21036), Elkridge (21075), Ellicott City (21042, 21043), Fulton (20759), Glenelg (21737), Glenwood (21738), Guilford (20763), Hanover (21075, 21076), Highland (20777), Marriottsville (21104), Savage (20763), West Friendship (21784), Woodbine (21797).
Montgomery County HVAC Services: Ashton (20861), Bethesda (20814, 20815, 20817), Brookville (20833), Cabin John (20818), Chevy Chase (20815), Damascus (20872), Derwood (20855), Gaithersburg (20882, 20878, 20879), Germantown (20876), Kensington (20895), Olney (20832), Potomac (20854), Rockville (20850, 20851, 20853), Silver Spring (20904, 20905, 20906)