$59 HVAC Checkup.
$59 Diagnosis fee with repair completed by Cool Breeze. Click here to find out more.
We are prompt with our service and will meet with you as soon as we can after you call.
My Air Conditioner Isn’t Blowing Cold Air
August 14, 2017
Getting stuck with a broken A/C unit during the hot summer months can be anywhere from a mild inconvenience to a dangerous threat to your health. Let’s take a look at the main reasons A/C systems malfunction, and what to do when problems arise.
Possible reasons your A/C unit isn’t blowing cold air:
- Refrigerant leak. The refrigerant level in your HVAC unit may be low due to having been undercharged at the time of installation or a leak being present in the A/C coil. Most of the time, simply adding refrigerant will not correct the issue, and can be dangerous to do if the system has a leak.
- A dirty filter. If the air filter inside your HVAC unit is clogged, airflow is restricted through the unit, which decreases efficiency and reduces the system’s ability to blow cold air. Filters should be changed every 1-3 months.
- Faulty ductwork. Ductwork is the primary pathway for cold air to circulate throughout your home. If your ductwork is installed improperly, or has holes or blockages, cold air can have a much more difficult time moving through the system.
- Compressor failure. A/C units that stop blowing cold air can sometimes have larger issues than a small freon leak or dirty filter. The compressor is a major component of the A/C unit and can fail without warning due to faulty manufacturing or old age.
- Thermostat error. Your thermostat is the control that tells your HVAC system what to do, and if it is not on the proper cooling setting, you can find yourself with warmer air than you’d prefer. A tripped breaker can also become an issue when it powers off your thermostat and prevents you from being able to control the indoor temperature.
What to do about it:
Though the internet is a good source for finding more information on common HVAC issues and general troubleshooting, nothing is as reliable and efficient as a professional A/C system repair technician!
Cool Breeze offers a Maryland HVAC repair service that is available to you 24/7, even in emergencies! A licensed and professional HVAC technician will inspect your system in person and come equipped with the tools necessary to remedy your A/C issue.
We have been in the heating and cooling industry since 1999, and we pride ourselves on quick and efficient customer service. If you suspect your A/C system isn’t working properly, or need an emergency air conditioning repair, contact us today!
Anne Arundel County HVAC Services: Annapolis (21401, 21403, 21409), Arnold (21012), Crofton (21114), Crownsville (21032), Gambrills (21054), Glen Burnie (21060, 21061), Hanover (21076), Jessup (20794), Pasadena (21122), Severn (21144), Severna Park (21146).
Baltimore County HVAC Services: Catonsville (21228), Cockeysville (21030), Homeland (21212), Lutherville (21093), Monkton (21111), Mount Washington (21209), Owings Mills (21117), Parkton (21120), Phoenix (21131), Pikesville (21208), Randalstown (21133), Reisterstown (21136), Roland Park (21210), Ruxton (21204), Timonium (21204), Towson (21204, 21286), Upperco (21155), Woodstock (21163).
Carroll County HVAC Services: Eldersburg (21784), Finksburg (21048), Hampstead (21074), Manchester (21102), Marriottsville (21104), Mount Airy (21771), New Windsor (21776), Sykesville (21784), Taneytown (21787), Union Bridge (21791), Westminster (21157, 21158), Woodbine (21797)
Howard County HVAC Services: Columbia (21044, 21045, 21046), Clarksville (21029), Cooksville (21723), Dayton (21036), Elkridge (21075), Ellicott City (21042, 21043), Fulton (20759), Glenelg (21737), Glenwood (21738), Guilford (20763), Hanover (21075, 21076), Highland (20777), Marriottsville (21104), Savage (20763), West Friendship (21784), Woodbine (21797).
Montgomery County HVAC Services: Ashton (20861), Bethesda (20814, 20815, 20817), Brookville (20833), Cabin John (20818), Chevy Chase (20815), Damascus (20872), Derwood (20855), Gaithersburg (20882, 20878, 20879), Germantown (20876), Kensington (20895), Olney (20832), Potomac (20854), Rockville (20850, 20851, 20853), Silver Spring (20904, 20905, 20906)